-February 22nd, 2023 - Congratulations to Amin on getting his first author paper accepted in Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience.
-December 14th, 2022 - Congratulations to Doyel on receiving her M.S. degree. This spring, she will be focusing on her MCAT and applying to medical school.
-November 29th, 2022 - Congratulations to Amin for successfully defending his thesis. The 2nd PhD from the lab!
-November 17th, 2022 - Wei's first author paper is accepted into BBRC! Zack is also co-author on this work. Congratulations!
-November 12th, 2022 - Wei attends and presents her RNF216 proteomics work at SfN in San Diego.
-November 3rd, 2022 - Dina presents a poster at the What's New in Atlanta event.
-October 20th, 2022 - Doyel is accepted to attend and present her work at the National Symposium for Undergraduate Research at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
-June 29th, 2022 - Dr. Mabb presents recent published work from the lab on Gordon Holmes syndrome and RNF216/TRIAD3 at the Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology meeting.
-May 12th, 2022 - Wei and Amin present their research at the annual Brains & Behavior Retreat.
-May 9th, 2022 - First official CURE based Maymester lab course begins. This work is funded in part by the NSF. Dominique and Dina will help TA the course. This year, our 10 students will focus on understanding how protein ubiquitination in the hippocampus changes across different stages of development using Tandem Ubiquitin Binding Entities, a.k.a. TUBEs.
-May 5th, 2022 - Arlene's paper in iScience is officially accepted! A big thank you to all of our collaborators who helped contribute to this massive amount of work. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isci.2022.104386.
-May 5th, 2022 - Doyel gives an oral presentation on her research project at the S-STEM Social and Scholar Symposium.
-May 4th, 2022 - Congratulations to Dominique who received his M.S. degree! He will be entering the Biology Ph.D. program at the University of Oregon in fall 2022!
-April 29th, 2022 - Arlene successfully defends her thesis! Congratulations on being the first PhD from the lab!
-April 18th, 2022 - Dr. Mabb is promoted to Associate Professor!
-March 17th, 2022 - Arlene presents her research at CSHL's Neuronal Circuit meeting.
-March 8th, 2022 - Dina and Dr. Mabb attend a NIH Workshop: Can Autism spectrum disorders tell us anything about Alzheimer’s disease?
-September 20th, 2021 - Dina Yakout receives the prestigious Honeycutt Fellowship. Congratulations, Dina!
-August 27th, 2021 - Amin co-authors a paper with our collaborator, Jenny Yang in the journal Angewandte Chemie. Nice work!
-August 23rd, 2021 - Feyza Ciger, a first year Neuroscience graduate student begins her lab rotation. Welcome!
-June 21st, 2021 - Dr. Mabb publishes a review on 40 years worth of literature on ubiquitination at glutamatergic synapses in Neuropharmacology.
-May 14th, 2021 - Dustin attends the Gates Summer Research Internship Program at the Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical campus
-May 4th, 2021 - Congratulations to Nitheyaa who was awarded GSU's Neuroscience Institute Outstanding Undergraduate Award and GSU’s Outstanding Student for 2021! Wow!
-May 1st, 2021 - Mabb and Yin lab receive a 2-year R21 from the NIH/NINDS on Insights into Gordon Holmes syndrome by substrate profiling of Triad3A and Chip using Orthogonal Ubiquitin Transfer
-April 26th, 2021 - Dr. Mabb gives a talk at the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Experimental Biology Meeting, Neuroscience Interest Group (Virtual conference) on "The E3 ubiquitin ligase RNF216/TRIAD3 is a central regulator of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis"
-April 22nd, 2021 - Nitheyaa takes first place in GSU's Honors Thesis Pitch
-April 12th, 2021 - Dustin presents his poster at NCUR (virtual meeting) and Nitheyaa gives an oral presentation at GSURC
-March 26th, 2021 - Dina receives the Neuroscience Institute's Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award
-March 10th, 2021 - Arlene and Dr. Mabb attend the 64th Annual Ataxia Conference (Virtual conference)
-March 5th, 2021 - Mabb lab receives 5-year NSF Career Award on Posttranslational signaling pathways that encode for flexible behaviors!
-March 4th, 2021 - Zack is promoted to Laboratory Technician II! Congrats!
-February 3rd, 2021 - Amin co-authors a paper with our collaborator, Jenny Yang in the journal iScience.
-January 11th, 2021 - Arlene, Dina, and Dustin present posters at SfN's Global Connectome
-December 17th, 2020 - Dina and Nitheyaa's review on pharmacological manipulations on Arc function is accepted into CRPHAR!
-December 7th, 2020 - Nitheyaa is awarded GSU's first ever Marshall Scholarship and plans to pursue her graduate research in the UK at the University of Bristol! Congratulations!!!
-October 27th, 2021 - Dr. Mabb gives a virtual talk at East Carolina University on the Role of protein ubiquitination in cognition and disease
-September 23rd, 2020 - Arlene and Amin are awarded the prestigious Honeycutt Fellowship. Well done!
-September, 2020 - Dina receives a Molecular Basis of Disease Fellowship. Congratulations!
-May 28th, 2020 - Congratulations to Amin for successfully defending his dissertation proposal!
-May 20th, 2020 - Congratulations to Dina for successfully defending her dissertation proposal!
-May 7th, 2020 - Congratulations to Nitheyaa for receiving a National Nu Rho Psi Undergraduate Research Grant to attend an international scientific conference! Well deserved.
-May 5th, 2020 - Nitheyaa receives a Nu Rho Psi National Undergraduate Research Grant to attend a research conference. Nice job!
-May 5th, 2020 - Congratulations to Dustin on receiving his B.S. in Neuroscience with great distinction
-April 19th, 2020 - Dustin and Nitheyaa present their research online at GSURC
-April 10th, 2020 - Dr. Mabb receives the Outstanding Graduate Mentoring Award in the College of Arts & Sciences at GSU!
-March 22nd, 2020 - Mabb lab sets up a demonstration booth at the Regional Brain Bee competition at Emory University
-March 12th-13th, 2020 - Dina is accepted into and attends the online ComSciCom workshop on scientific communication
-February 27th, 2020 - Dustin is accepted into The Gates Summer Internship Program at the University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Campus!
-February 25th, 2020 - Dustin presents his research at the Georgia Undergraduate Research Collective (GURC) Conference at the Georgia State Capitol.
-February 24th, 2020 - Mabb lab receives a 1-year Young Investigator Research grant from the National Ataxia Foundation on characterizing sex-differences in motor dysfunction in a mouse model Gordon Holmes syndrome. Thank you for supporting this important research!! Link
-December 12th, 2019 - Congratulations to Jayashree for successfully completing her master's degree in Neuroscience and getting accepted into St. George's University School of Medicine!
-October 4th, 2019 - Mabb NARSAD Young Investigator Grant is selected for the Research Partners Program, and is funded by the P&S Fund.
- August 28th, 2019 - Mabb lab receives a 2-year NARSAD Young Investigator Grant from the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation to study unique molecular signatures of neural ensembles that are associated with select phases of cognitive flexibility! We thank the foundation for supporting our research! Link
- August 7th, 2019 - Joseph and Shayan present their summer research at the Georgia State Center for the Advancement of Students and Alumni (CASA) Symposium
- July 23rd-27th, 2019 - Arlene gives a talk on our lab's research and presents her poster at the 2019 Japanese Neuroscience Society in Niigata, Japan.
- June 27th, 2019 - Amin is chosen to discuss his personal story for Atlanta's Story Collider, which highlights true personal stories about science. His story will soon be published as part of the Collider's Podcast series. Link
- May 24th, 2019 - Dina, Amin, and Arlene present posters at the B&B Annual retreat.
- May 12th-17th, 2019 - Joseph presents his research at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Phoenix, AZ and receives 4th place in the Life Sciences Division! If you are not aware of ISEF, check out this great documentary! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJdYLAc-gzM&feature=youtu.be).
- April 24th, 2019 - Joseph presents his research at the 57th National Junior Science and Humanities Symposium (JSHS) in Albuquerque, NM.
- April 23rd, 2019 - Mabb Lab is awarded a 1-year Brains & Behavior Seed Grant for their work on developing new tools to capture neural ensembles in vivo.
- April 10th, 2019 - Dustin presents his research at GSURC.
- April 10th, 2019 - Antoinette presents her research at the Igniting the Dream of Medicine Conference in Augusta, GA and receives 1st place for her research poster. Nice work!!!
- March 29th, 2019 - Joseph presents his research at the Georgia Science and Engineering Fair and wins Best in Category award for Biomedical and Health Sciences Division. He was 1 out of 4 students selected to attend the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Phoenix, AZ (all expenses paid). Congratulations!!!!
- March 19th, 2019 - Dina and Jayashree both present their research at the Karolinska Institute during their Study Abroad Program in Solna, Sweden.
- February 24th-26th, 2019 - Joseph presents at the Georgia Junior Science and Humanities Symposium, State competition and advances as a presenter finalist.
- February 14th, 2019 - Antoinette receives a Post-baccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA) at the NIMH Office of the Clinical Director working under Dr. Joyce Chung, Deputy Clinical Director starting in summer 2019. Great work!!!!
- February 12th, 2019 - Arlene receives a 2019 Japanese Neuroscience Society (JNS) Travel Award to present her poster in Niigata, Japan! Congratulations, Arlene!!!
- February 2nd, 2019 - Joseph presents at the Forsyth High School Regional Science Fair and receives High Honors to advance to the State Fair!
- December 14th, 2018 - Antoinette is awarded GSU's Outstanding Student Award for 2019! Congratulations!!!
- November 3rd, 2018 - Amin, Antoinette, Arlene, and Dina attend SfN in San Diego, CA. Amin, Antoinette, and Amin presented their posters.
- November 2nd, 2018 - Amin presents his miniscope research at the 17th Annual Molecular and Cellular Cognition Society Symposium and Poster Session in San Diego, CA.
- October 21st, 2018 - Dina attends the Annual Meeting of the American Neurological Association in Atlanta, GA.
- October 18th, 2018 - Congratulations to Amin Ghane and Dina Yakout on their recent accepted publication in JoVE entitled "A high-content assay for monitoring AMPA receptor trafficking". Stay tuned for their video! https://www.jove.com/video/59048/a-high-content-assay-for-monitoring-ampa-receptor-trafficking
- October 15th, 2018 - Congratulations to Dina Yakout and Jayashree Kadirvelu for getting accepted into the Stockholm Study Abroad
program that will take place in spring 2019. They will explore cutting-edge research at the intersection of neuroscience, cognition, and music through a guided visit to laboratories and clinics at the Karolinska Institute (KI) in Stockholm, Sweden – world-renowned city of the
Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine. They will interact with researchers trying to understand how activation of the brain's immune
system affects the pathophysiology of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression, learn how the Nobel Prize is awarded including
which criteria is used for selection by meeting with faculty currently on the selection committee, and will visit sites around Stockholm
including the City Hall (site of Nobel Prize dinner), Royal Palace, The Old City, and The Vasa Ship Museum.
- August 23rd, 2018 - Congratulations to Arlene George for receiving a Brains & Behavior Fellowship!
- August 1st, 2018 - Jayashree presents her work at the B&B/IMSD/CASA 2018 Poster Session.
- July 27th, 2018 - Joseph Sexton presents his summer research at the ION Symposium at Emory.
- July 24th, 2018 - Congratulations to Amin Ghane for receiving a Science ATL Communication Fellowship!
- June 25th, 2018 - Wei Wei, Ph.D. joins the lab. Welcome Dr. Wei!
- June 8th, 2018 - Congratulations to Arlene for passing her Ph.D. qualifying exam!!!
- May 31st, 2018 - Mabb and Correa lab Neuron report is published! Check out some of our press releases....
- May 18th, 2018 - Arlene and Amin present their posters at the Brains & Behavior retreat
- May 17th, 2018 - Dina presents her research at the Neurogenomics Forum
- May 4th, 2018 - Mabb lab is awarded Cleon C. Arrington Research Initiation Grant for 1 year to generate a pre-clinical model for
- May, 2018 - Bailey receives her degree in Neuroscience With Distinction and was accepted into the University of Texas-Dallas
Neuroscience's Graduate Program. Good luck Bailey. We will miss you!!!
- April 30th, 2018 - Arlene attends the Organization for the Study of Sex Differences meeting (OSSD) in
- April 20th, 2018 - Antoinette is accepted into Emory's MedPREP@Emory summer Scholar program AND received a scholarship from Nu
Rho Psi to attend the Society for Neuroscience program in San Diego, CA. Congratulations! Check out the
- April 19th, 2018 - Amin presents his research at the Neurogenomics Forum
- April 12th, 2018 - Antoinette presents her research at GSURC
- April 5th, 2018 - Bailey presents her final research at the IMSD spring symposium
- February 24th, 2018 - Antoinette presents her work at the Igniting the Dream of Medicine Conference, “Generation of in vitro models for Gordon Holmes syndrome,” Augusta University Medical College of Georgia
- January 22nd, 2018 - Arlene, Yarely, and Antoinette's review is accepted in Frontiers in Genetics. Congratulations!!! https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fgene.2018.00029/abstract
- November 18th, 2017 - Bailey presents her work at the Atlanta Undergraduate Conference on Health at Agnes Scott College
- November 10th, 2017 - The Mabb lab heads to SfN (Arlene, Amin, and Zack)! Zack presents his first poster on our Arc work
- October 27th-28th, 2017 - Fernanda presents her work that the 6th Annual Southeast Regional Georgia Undergraduate Research
Conference at Georgia College & State University
- October 27th, 2017 - Antoinette presents her work at GSURC
- September 6th, 2017 - Dr. Mabb's Arc review is accepted! Stay tuned!
- August 27th, 2017 - Amin attends Inscopix's ACCELERATE workshop in CA
- August 2nd, 2017 - Bailey, Fernanda, and our honorary lab member Sophie present at the Brains & Behavior/IMSD Poster Session
- July 11th, 2017 - Amin and Jayashree join the lab. Welcome!!!!
- June 28th, 2017 - Bailey receives a Phi Mu Foundation Academic scholarship. Nice work!!!
- June 23rd, 2017 - Mabb Lab receives a Technology Prize from the Rare Genomics Institute, BeHEARD Rare Disease Science Challenge
on our work related to Gordon Holmes syndrome! http://www.raregenomics.org/contest-updates
- June 7th, 2017 - Antoinette receives a GSU S-STEM Scholarship for the upcoming school year. Congratulations!!!!!
- June 5th, 2017 - Sam's last day in the lab. We will miss you and good luck at UNC!
- May 24th, 2017 - Zack presents at our MTDM seminar
- May 15th, 2017 - Fernanda joins the lab. Welcome Fernanda!
- May 15th, 2017 - Mabb Lab receives a Whitehall Foundation grant on our work related to the role of immediate early gene turnover in
learning-related behaviors! http://www.whitehall.org/
- April 28th, 2017 - Sam is accepted into the University of North Carolina's PREP Program! Congratulations Sam! We are going to miss
- April 21st, 2017 - Sam presents her poster at the Brains & Behavior retreat
- April 20th, 2017 - Sam presents her research at the IMSD symposium
- April 11th, 2017 - Antoinette and Bailey present their posters at GSURC
- April 10th, 2017 - Bailey is accepted into GSU's IMSD program. Congratulations!
- March 31st, 2017 - Antoinette receives an Honorable Mention for the Goldwater Scholarship (https://goldwater.scholarsapply.org/2017-honorable-mentions-by-institution-state/) (http://news.gsu.edu/2017/04/05/noa-erlitzki-goldwater-scholar/). Nice work!!!
- March 29th, 2017 - Bailey is accepted into the Marcus Autism Center's Undergraduate Practicum training for the summer. Well done!
- March 8th, 2017 - Antoinette is accepted into NYU's School of Medicine SURP program this summer. Congratulations!
- March 6th, 2017 - Arlene joins the Mabb lab! Welcome Arlene
- January 20th, 2017 - Mabb Lab data is presented at the Biology Graduate Seminar series.
- December 14th, 2016 - Sam receives her Neuroscience degree from GSU!!! Congrats Sam!
- November 23rd, 2016 - Antoinette was 1 out of only 4 students at GSU selected to apply for the Goldwater Scholarship! Congratulations!!
- November 11th, 2016 - Sam presents her work at the STEM Undergraduate research conference at GSU!
Nice work, Sam!
- October 14th, 2016 - First formal lab meeting kicks off! Zack, Yarely, Antoinette, and Sam present their projects and data. And,
Antoinette found out she was admitted to the Neuroscience Dual Degree Program! Nice job everyone and congratulations to Antoinette!
- August 3rd, 2016 - Sam Chery presents her work on her summer research at the Brains and Behavior/IMSD Undergraduate
Scholar Poster session
- May 27th, 2016 - Dr. Mabb's paper from the Zylka/Philpot lab studying mechanisms of topoisomerase 1-dependent gene regulation in neurons is published in PLoS ONE. Check it out! Link
- May 9th, 2016 - Mabb Lab opens at Georgia State University.
Copyright Mabb Lab